Friday, July 24, 2015

The Second Divorce is Very Much Worse than the First

This is the most pitiful of all stories.  I'm so beyond Bridget Jones and Diane Lane movies.

It's pretty humiliating and awful to have two failed marriages.  The first can be written off as a foolish mistake.  The second one is chronic failure.  

#2's sister's husband cheated on her frequently during the time I knew his family.  He was generally a smuck, even making me feel uncomfortable around him on occasion.  It was pretty pathetic watching her continue to take him back over and over.  I didn't respect her for it.  #2 had this vision that she and I would be super close, but I just couldn't.  I didn't respect her.  When asked about their constant separations and whether or not she wanted more for herself, she's say, "but it would be my second divorce."

I understand now.

No comments:

Post a Comment