Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Teenage Poet

Maybe I should explain myself.  I've gotten 8 page views (5 may be from me!) so someone may have read something I've written.  It's time to explain.

I was once a teenage poet.  I still wrote in my early twenties when the world was all about me in my own mind, and I called myself a WRITER.  Now, I've known so many "writers" from my generation (X), that I feel like a fraud if I join their ranks.  Because they are frauds. 

I put some poems on Facebook after my first divorce.  It's how all the "writers" use Facebook now.  To be seen.  I surprise myself that I could not do it ever again because I still retain the teenage poet I was, desperate to be heard.  It's much too easy now.  It feels like cheating.  I sometimes think I understand Emily Dickinson most of all.  I want to be heard but not seen. 

I don't know if it's possible now to make good sense or to write well.  There's so much to feel all at once in the aftermath of my second husband.  Layers.  I just need it to go somewhere  I'll do better at blogging when it unravels itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment