Friday, July 17, 2015

Hit and Run

I remember the exact moment he told me that he loved me for the first time.  I wasn't ready for it.  It made me uncomfortable.  I didn't want to use that word so soon.

But he kept saying all the right things over and over and convinced me that all he wanted for his life was to take care of us, rescue us.  We were doing fine, but I let it happen.  I let him in.

Because of love.

And from my lips came years of I love yous, adoration, and praise to anyone who would listen.  He was our hero, and how he shined in our eyes.

Then one day he just left.  His promises were not easy to keep, I suppose.  Marriage is hard work, but I did nothing wrong.  I was a good wife and loved him so much with all my heart and was faithful and true.  I tried so hard.  I worshipped him even and never lied.  I never cheated or betrayed him in any way.  I let him in, and I was all in.

Because of love.

My lawyer informed me today that he filed divorce papers on July 9.  He truly doesn't want me.  No second thoughts, no regrets for breaking all the promises he ever made.  He doesn't love me. 

It was just a word.

And he was only a hit and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment